Update

School is tough. I dont send kids to the office or complain, but here I will: NO SUPPLIES. NO COMPUTER ACCESS. A FIGHT NEARLY EVERYDAY. COMPETING FOR THIS JOB. ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THIS JOB WHEN I DONT HAVE THE TOOLS, YET TO DO MY JOB.

Whats my job you ask? Taking attendance, meeting modification plans, planning lessons, making discipline referrals, maintaining classroom procedures, knowing where each kid goes after and before school. All this stuff and more requires computer access, a mailbox, virtual and real, tape, scissors, stapler, file folders, sticky notes, a calendar, resources for extending lessons and some semblance of an idea asap so i can be ready for testing in two weeks. Yeah. Not going to happen in time. The boss is still interviewing.

I realize I accidentally capped some of all that but fuck it thats how it sounds in my head so what the hell.

Tony, let's just call stoic who he is, got a new computer and wifi at his mom's but he is refusing to allow the kids to use their devices on it. He complied with the order for a plumber in three weeks by waiting until the last minute and then by saying he was sending one over within a three hour period on a Friday night and  then canceling after nine pm and then sending another the next day after four hours of waiting. Only THEN to tell them he needed to shop around the broken pipe in our slab.

I'm beginning to hate him.
And
I'm tired.
I'm really tired.

Comments

  1. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry he became such an ass, I thought for sure he was going to stay civil through this, if only for the kids at least.

    We all know your a strong mama and will work through this.

    “Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.”
    ― Rumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote, W. I used it with a friend who was having problems years ago. It is from Rumi and I am glad you posted it. It is a healing verse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does someone's ass need my cute pink heel shoved up it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a dork...

Insides and outsides

Upside Downside