Whack-a-mole

I officially have a job next year on this campus.
I just came back from signing the contract.
It's a be careful what you wish for situation.
THIS IS A HARD JOB.
This is the hardest job I have ever had.
Which sort of fits the whole take it up the ass,
do everything the hard way,
roll snake eyes everytime
kind of year I had last year.

meh
sokay.

I'm a junior high school teacher by trade, looks like I am going to second grade.

Ever play whack-a-mole at Chuck E. Cheese?
It's like that only louder, less organized and sometimes the moles throw stuff at you, question your birth legitimacy and play with lighters in the bathroom.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b26169e20133f253ac92970b-800wi

I teach in the 'hood.
I don't mean that disparagingly.
Our community has many socio-economically disadvantaged kiddos.
I like a lot of aspects about that.
It feels like it is where I am supposed to be.

Did I mention it is a really hard job?
Good.

Because it is.
These seven and eight year olds could bring a Marine to their knees.
They give a whole new meaning to "destroy your will to fight."

STILL.

It's May.
Testing is over.
I've gone from 14 hour days to 10.
AAAAAND
I have a contract.
Yeah yeah I said that already...

This was the first year I ever feared NOT getting one.
Yes.
I was that good.
I was the campus show pony wherever I went.
Until I got here.
Where lots of things were different, including me
and apparently I had some lessons the Universe felt hardpressed to serve me up.

Result?
I'm stuffed.
Really.
I couldn't eat another plate of anything involving hubris, frustration, self examination or incredulity.

I did learn some things and I'm sure there is plenty where that stuff came from.
For the time being though I'm walking off my heavy meal and looking forward to the end of the year.

Naturally all did not go as planned.
Tony took all our tax money so I have to find a way to pay a 4000 tuition bill by August, so it's not a break exactly, but at least there won't be any moles.

Comments

  1. Is there no way you can legally make Tony hand over your share of the tax refund? (seems utterly unfair he could do that)

    Pax
    [still blogging on occasion - http://marionsmeepings.blogspot.com.au/ ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have to take him to court and i don't have th financialmbacking his family has. besides...he needs this thing he does....i'm on the other side already...make sense/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a dork...

Insides and outsides

Upside Downside