First

The weekend went ok. Someone was banging on my back bedroom window and front door at 730 in the morning on Sunday. Luckily, the big cop one pillow over was there and whoever it was left before they were seen.

My oldest and second kiddo went to the attorneys office on Friday to state where they wanted to live and my attorney was really impressed with them. Made a mom proud.

Right now I think I'm trying to teach the kids that I don't condone what Stoic's side of the family is doing, but I do understand it. I'm also trying to keep a leash on my oldest because he wants a piece of somebody for all the grief Stoic's side is causing.

I try to look at this as an opportunity to teach my oldest that you don't just react to things because you are upset. I'm trying to teach a hormonally challenged 6 foot 2 fifteen year old discernment and patience and understanding. In there somewhere is an idea of what weakness looks like. He styruggles with my not comning at his side even harder, but I'm resolved to show him that responding to ugly behavior with more ugly behavior is a useless waste of energy. I'm resolved to show him that because it also reminds me to do that as well.

Sunday when I was in the hallway, half asleep with my heart racing like a locomotive, and the windows rattling from all the banging, I almost forgot. Knight woke up to the noise a little later than I. He sleeps ridiculously heavy. When the fracas was over and he had swept the house inside and out in cop mode, he sat with me on the couch and gently asked me why I didn't wake him up immediately. I could only tell him that my first hought was that he had to work a double in a few hours and I was so pumped up with adrenalin that the oly thing I knew to do was to calm down and make a clear decision.  His response was to chide me softly and say, he was the first response and it was ok to lean on him.

I know that.
But, it was good to be reminded.

Comments

  1. Good lessons in selfcontrol for #1. Fifteen is a hard age, not to mention the movies and TV influence of violence. Chuck Norris is not always right. Stay with him, hon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a dork...

Insides and outsides

Upside Downside