Court Day 1

I'm posting while sitting at a Discount Tire company having the tires I meant to rotate the other day actually rotated. No, I have no idea why I can't seem to cram it all in from 530a to 1030p, but it drives me nuts!

Admittedly, it's only ninish, but the waiting area coffee may be something I consider...like, right now, hold on,gonna risk it...

Ew. No creamer...never mind.
So I'm tired.
Sleep was sketchy on the eve of the trial, then we tackled the regular order of the day and coupled with the three hours of negotiations at family court #3
...and yeah, I'm one tired bunny rabbit, so tired she considered hopping herself up on tire store waiting room coffee and is now referring to herself in third person and personifying small woodland creatures...

Well there were three cases on our docket. One, was a no show, the other went quick and then it was our turn. My bff was there just before me cause that is how she rolls and my parents were late because that's how they roll.

As it stood going in Stoic et al and I say et al snidely since you could cut the loathing which had settled over the room with a knife. He is definitely playing the victim card at this point and why shouldnt he? He can't work, can't live in his house, the kids are starting to see right through him and he can't read or listen to music with the same level of enjoyment he once did, and did i mention that aside from those two things that is basically all he did for entertainment aside from the tv... oh yes and then there' s Knight, who's been basically living with us since Stoic and his family began the harassment in earnest.

Yep.
I get it.

I also get that whether he was sitting on the other side of the aisle with his head in his hands most of the time or not

he is sentient enough to know what he is doing. He's just abdicating his decisions to someone else who will not have to bear the brunt of the consequences of those decisions. While the kids are angry with that family in general the damage is mostly going to be something he will deal with. So the brass tacks of it is that: He will pay child support. NO ONE IS ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE. THANK GOODNESS. He will fix the plumbing. He will remove his things. He refuses to pay for school. He wants to make them move to public. He has no problem with uprooting them in the midst of the divorce. So I countered with handling those fees so long as he has only advisory input into their academic matters. He bit or rather he and his unpleasant, controlling, judgemental sister snatched that offer right up. Thats fine. I knew they would which gave me room to demand exclusive use of the house. People always told me he was selfish and focused on money. I can really see that now. I think there were more details, but I won' t bore anyone. Suffice to say, that day is done, his family laughed and sniggered and made disparaging comments on the other side of the aisle and didn't seem too concerned with the state STOIC was in. I guess that makes sense. I know that when I lost my first pregnancy and they were preopping me that he and his mother sat in the room and laughed their asses off when the nurse came to give me an enema. At the time I had assumed I was being overly sensitive. God, I was an idiot. Everyone says he' s my enemy now, that I have to treat him like that and I know what they mean, but I still wish we could have waited until he was better and done this the way we had since the beginning of our separation, with all our decisions run through what was in the best interest of the kids.

Comments

  1. If there are any winners or losers in these situations, you will win. Because you're looking out for the kidlets. And as long as you don't get tangled up in the revenge nonsense like his family, you can't lose.

    Keep your head high

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad L was there for you and you didn't have to face those...uh...people alone. Parents aside, you needed her. LYLT +

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm a dork...

Insides and outsides

Upside Downside